Sunday, March 19, 2006

Weekend Review

Yesterday was a great day in the saddle. 125 miles of single speeding on the Denver trail system. The legs felt great until the last 15 miles when the temperatures started to drop and I was getting cold. I left the house at 4:30 am and got home around 3:00 pm. I was a little slower than I would have liked but my gearing was dead on. I ran a 32x14 with 700c tires and never felt over geared. For the second week in a row I raced the snow/rain back to the house. I would have ridden another hour or so if the weather would have stayed clear.

Woke this morning to wet streets and snow on the ground - not to mention a pounding headache! Donned the running shoes and ran for an hour. The legs recovered from yesterdays ride and feel good. More snow forcasted for the week so will have to modify exercise accordingly.

TIv2 update: My new team (details later) will be hooking me up with some food stuffs and tires for the ride. My confidence is good, my bike is awesome, and my high altitude training is going to pay off.

No comments: