Tuesday, October 17, 2006

B/F Cross



Brecktober Cross - I felt good during warmup and the course seem pretty fast so I was hoping for a good finish. Had a great start and was going well untill the first runup where I t-boned some guy who decided to dismount sideways across my bow. Went from 5th to 15th in a matter of seconds. Ended up 20th after a futile chase back to the front. A friend Kevin ended up with the W. Cooled down a bit and went back watch the races with beer in the backpack. Drizzle and snow rounded out the rest of day. The family joined me in time for a dinner of mexican in downtown Breck.

Frisco Cross - There was snow on the ground in Breck and I was preparing for a sloppy day of 'cross, but by the time I made it to Frisco the ground was dry. The course was a great one with a lot of variation - a road climb, sandy run-up, and speedy descent. With a short warm-up I picked a second row starting position. Good start up the paved hill and hit the dirt in around 6th place, lost a little ground as I struggled up the first of many run-ups. I found my groove and raced into 7th place.

Snow is in the forcast for the next few days which is ok as I have domestic chores to catch up on.

Two days of racing in Boulder this coming weekend. Looks like Paddy and Naomi are cruising through Boulder on Sunday. I will be bringing the Hoegaarden!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hook up with you and paddy on sun but I'll be up in Buff creek for the bean fest.... Gonna try and hook up with paddy on sat mabe after the igssc....

PaddyH said...

there's a race Sat too? what the 411? I might be getting the hurt put on me by esnob...but then again, I may be in Boulder....