Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sunny outlook

Attended my first JDSFT team meeting at a hip bowlings alley on the 16th Mall in Denver, it was good to meet some of my fellow riders along with understand the what the team is all about. The biggest thing the team will be doing this year besides racing is supporting local MS Society and the Tyler Hamilton Foundation. Looks like I should start my fundraising efforts NOW!

The weather has taken a turn for the better and the roads are beginning to dry out but it will be weeks before the trials are going to be dry. Rene is spending one of her last trips in Coldgary this week (-12 C with light snow) and is missing out on this great weather. I did get out for a short ride this morining.

TIv3 update:
Waukon is a city located in Allamakee County, Iowa. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 4,131. It is the county seat of Allamakee County. Waukon and Decorah (17 miles to the west) were named for Chief Waukon Decorah, a Ho Chunk who cooperated with whites during the Black Hawk War and whose people were subsequently forced out of Wisconsin into Northeast Iowa. Waukon is located at 43°16'8" North, 91°28'45" West (43.268889, -91.479212). I plan on visiting the House of Clocks to calibrate my time piece when passing thru.

No comments: